Just a little tired… and very disappointed

Yesterday was a very strange day. And unfortunately I can’t say it was a good type of strange.

I had two main goals for the day: finish cleaning my apartment and finish my last analysis before going back to only writing my dissertation and finish my weekly house cleaning.

Well, I can say that I didn’t get either accomplished. I did wake up early and got to work. Half way into the analysis, I decided that maybe it would be better if I simplified it and wrote everything in another language. Then I took a long time trying to decide if I was going to try to learn Ruby or remember Python. In the middle of all this discussion I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and buy a Ruby book. When I got there I found out that they didn’t have any!!! So… I ended up buying other things and going back home. In the end I decided to go for Python again. But it was already 3 pm and I hadn’t had lunch! So I went to the kitchend and decided on what I was going to make for a lunch/dinner. Chicken and rosemary dumplings and a barley pilaf. It was really good, but I finished everything (shopping for the ingredients, cooking, eating and cleaning up) and it was already 8 pm, the time I wanted to go to the JConnect Jews and Brews, a get-together for Jewish young adults.

There was a much smaller crowd yesterday than the last one I went to, but I had a good time (in the beginning, at least). Then, after they kicked us out of the place, at around 1:30 am, one of the people I was talking to decided to invite the “survivors” (5 people) to his apartment to continue the conversation. So there we went!

The conversation started interesting, but quickly, with the help of a couple of glasses of wine, it suddenly turned strange. They started talking about their trips to Amsterdam (3 of them had been there) and all the drugs they took when they were there. I was utterly disgusted, and disappointed at where the conversation was going. At 3:30 am we decided to disband and go to our places. I went to sleep at around 4 am and woke up at 6:30. Lots of sleep! But I’m fine, a little “groggy”, but that makes life fun.

Now it’s time to work. I’m not sure what to work on, though…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s